Following up on its recent upgrade to version 7.0 (see “KeyCue 7.0,” 10 October 2013), Ergonis has released KeyCue 7.1 with a couple of new features and improvements. The update adds new attributes for custom themes (such as separator lines between menus and uniform menu/submenu widths); adds a keyboard shortcut for searching; ensures the search field works with Chinese, Japanese, and Korean (CJK) input methods; and works around an issue that resulted in incorrect characters instead of key symbols. (€19.99 new with a 25 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 3.4 MB, release notes)
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 9 December 2013 (09 Dec 13)
- KeyCue 7.0 (10 Oct 13)