Bringing the same precise timing capabilities of its calendar entries to reminders, Flexibits has released Fantastical 1.3.11 with the addition of a due time field when you select Due Date in a task. The calendar app also fixes errors when using iCloud, an issue that prevented Outlook events from updating, a bug that made Fantastical appear partially offscreen when using multiple displays on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, and a potential hang when creating events with invitees on Mavericks. ($19.99 new, free update from Flexibits and the Mac App Store, 11.7 MB, release notes)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software