Rogue Amoeba has released Fission 2.2 with support for importing more audio formats. The audio editor can now import MPEG layer 1 and 2, AIFF-C, Ogg Vorbis, Shorten, RealAudio, Windows Media Audio (WMA), AMR, QDesign Music, WavePack, and Monkey’s Audio. The update also fixes several crashes with the Batch Converter, reports file sizes in powers of ten (matching the Mac OS X Finder), removes outdated references to QuickTime importing, and now always displays the Start window at launch (and if the window is manually closed, Fission will remember not to open it until the next launch). ($32 new from Rogue Amoeba with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 14.3 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard