Telestream has released version 4.5 of its ScreenFlow screencast recording app with a number of improvements and a lengthy list of fixes. The update expands support for publishing screencasts directly to Dropbox and Google Drive as well as sharing them to Facebook, and the Upload Manager now uploads videos in the background. Other changes include the capability to manage transitions and mark favorites, an added search field to the Video & Audio filter popover, a fix for a bug that caused edits to be lost on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, and the added capability to double-click a source to send it to the timeline when in the media library list mode. ScreenFlow 4.5 now requires 10.7 Lion or later. For a complete rundown of the new features, download the PDF release notes from Telestream’s support page. Note that as of this writing, the Mac App Store version of ScreenFlow sits at version 4.0.4. ($99 new from the Telestream Web site or $99.99 from the Mac App Store, 33.8 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.