Objective Development has released LaunchBar 5.6.2 with improvements in handling privacy settings in OS X 10.9 Mavericks as well as in the clipboard history ignore list. The keyboard-based launcher also adds a preference in Mavericks to ensure LaunchBar opens in the same display as the frontmost window and fixes an issue causing 1Password content not to appear in clipboard history. ($35 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 5.6 MB, release notes)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>