Rogue Amoeba has released Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.9, which provides initial compatibility with OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Like the recent update to Rogue Amoeba’s Airfoil audio streaming app (see “Airfoil 4.8.2,” 1 December 2013), Audio Hijack Pro’s audio capture engine has also been overhauled to support Mavericks, and Rogue Amoeba warns that some audio capture sources may behave differently. The release also updates the Instant On component to version 7.1.2, which provides improvements to System Audio capture and audio capture from Safari (and installing it no longer requires restarting!). Other changes include full VoIP capture support for Microsoft Lync and proper preservation of custom file extensions for AAC files. ($32 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 7.1 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 6 January 2014 (06 Jan 14)
- Airfoil 4.8.2 (01 Dec 13)