Rogue Amoeba has released Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.9, which provides initial compatibility with OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Like the recent update to Rogue Amoeba’s Airfoil audio streaming app (see “Airfoil 4.8.2,” 1 December 2013), Audio Hijack Pro’s audio capture engine has also been overhauled to support Mavericks, and Rogue Amoeba warns that some audio capture sources may behave differently. The release also updates the Instant On component to version 7.1.2, which provides improvements to System Audio capture and audio capture from Safari (and installing it no longer requires restarting!). Other changes include full VoIP capture support for Microsoft Lync and proper preservation of custom file extensions for AAC files. ($32 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 7.1 MB, release notes)
Set Hotkeys in TextExpander
Don’t just save keystrokes, save mouse clicks when using TextExpander by setting up customizable keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, for functions like Enable/Disable TextExpander, Search Snippets, and more. To set your hotkey combinations:
- Open TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Press the Click to Set Hotkey button next to function you want.
- Press the keys of your preferred hotkey combination when prompted.
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 6 January 2014 (06 Jan 14)
- Airfoil 4.8.2 (01 Dec 13)