Rogue Amoeba has released Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.9, which provides initial compatibility with OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Like the recent update to Rogue Amoeba’s Airfoil audio streaming app (see “Airfoil 4.8.2,” 1 December 2013), Audio Hijack Pro’s audio capture engine has also been overhauled to support Mavericks, and Rogue Amoeba warns that some audio capture sources may behave differently. The release also updates the Instant On component to version 7.1.2, which provides improvements to System Audio capture and audio capture from Safari (and installing it no longer requires restarting!). Other changes include full VoIP capture support for Microsoft Lync and proper preservation of custom file extensions for AAC files. ($32 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 7.1 MB, release notes)
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 6 January 2014 (06 Jan 14)
- Airfoil 4.8.2 (01 Dec 13)