Delicious Monster has released Delicious Library 3.1.4 with a modicum of fixes solely for OS X 10.9 Mavericks, including an issue that randomly indented or strangely layered source list items and a bug where shelf items no longer animated when resized or zoomed. The update to the media cataloging app (reviewed by Josh Centers; see “FunBITS: Delicious Library 3,” 1 November 2013) also works around a problem where shelf items without a graphic cover wouldn’t receive a placeholder cover. Delicious Monster also notes that there are two crashes associated with the GeForce graphics drivers found in OS X 10.9.1 that affect 2013 MacBook Pro and iMac models, but they’ve been reported to Apple and it’s hoped that the next Mavericks update will solve them. ($25 new from Delicious Monster Web site and Mac App Store, free update, 77.4 MB)
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 6 January 2014 (06 Jan 14)
- FunBITS: Delicious Library 3 (01 Nov 13)
Delicious Library 3.1.4
better-looking. Edit your PDFs anywhere. Sign contracts, make
changes, fill forms, and more. All while you’re on the move.
Syncs via iCloud and Dropbox. <http://smle.us/tbpdfpen-ipad>