Delicious Monster has released Delicious Library 3.1.4 with a modicum of fixes solely for OS X 10.9 Mavericks, including an issue that randomly indented or strangely layered source list items and a bug where shelf items no longer animated when resized or zoomed. The update to the media cataloging app (reviewed by Josh Centers; see “FunBITS: Delicious Library 3,” 1 November 2013) also works around a problem where shelf items without a graphic cover wouldn’t receive a placeholder cover. Delicious Monster also notes that there are two crashes associated with the GeForce graphics drivers found in OS X 10.9.1 that affect 2013 MacBook Pro and iMac models, but they’ve been reported to Apple and it’s hoped that the next Mavericks update will solve them. ($25 new from Delicious Monster Web site and Mac App Store, free update, 77.4 MB)
Type Faster by Competing in Races
A fun way to improve your typing speed and accuracy is to join an online typing competition at typrX. This typing competition keeps track of your typing speed, while allowing you to compete against other people, either around the world in public races or with friends in private races. To set up a private race with your friends, follow these simple steps.
- Once you have a typrX account, click the Create Private Race button on the front page and you’ll be taken to the private race page.
- From there, copy the track code URL and send it to the friends you want to join the race.
- You can click the Delay Countdown button to add 10 seconds to the clock if you are waiting on your friend to join the race.
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 6 January 2014 (06 Jan 14)
- FunBITS: Delicious Library 3 (01 Nov 13)
Delicious Library 3.1.4
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>