Continuing to refine its Open and Save dialog enhancement utility, St. Clair Software has released Default Folder X 4.6.2 with fixes for a few bugs and compatibility issues. The update corrects a timing bug that caused intermittent failures when rebounding and switching to your default folder, fixes a bug that selected a file when an app asked to choose a folder, reduces the load on the graphics processor during the app’s window animations and transitions, and fixes a compatibility issue with FileMaker Pro 13. ($34.95 new, $10 off for TidBITS members, free update, 11.2 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Default Folder X 4.6.2
your PDFs, fill and sign forms, and even export PDFs to Word format.
Signing is now easier, you can view the OCR text layer, and more.
Try editing your PDFs today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen-7-tb>
I apologize for the goof.
- Jon Gotow (the developer of Default Folder X)