Continuing to refine its Open and Save dialog enhancement utility, St. Clair Software has released Default Folder X 4.6.2 with fixes for a few bugs and compatibility issues. The update corrects a timing bug that caused intermittent failures when rebounding and switching to your default folder, fixes a bug that selected a file when an app asked to choose a folder, reduces the load on the graphics processor during the app’s window animations and transitions, and fixes a compatibility issue with FileMaker Pro 13. ($34.95 new, $10 off for TidBITS members, free update, 11.2 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Default Folder X 4.6.2
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>
I apologize for the goof.
- Jon Gotow (the developer of Default Folder X)