Squashing a number of niggling issues, Smile has released TextExpander 4.2.1 with a smattering of small fixes, including resolution for one problem that caused excessive CPU use on some systems after several expansions and another that caused version 4.2 to crash on certain systems after an expansion. The update also pre-fills the URL field if Add Group from URL is selected with a URL on the pasteboard, enables you to set script snippet timeout via AppleScript, fixes a crash related to snippet content computation exceeding the 5 second limit, and restores date macro evaluation to snippets embedded within script snippets. ($34.95 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 9.1 MB, release notes)
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Set Hotkeys in TextExpander
Don’t just save keystrokes, save mouse clicks when using TextExpander by setting up customizable keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, for functions like Enable/Disable TextExpander, Search Snippets, and more. To set your hotkey combinations:
- Open TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Press the Click to Set Hotkey button next to function you want.
- Press the keys of your preferred hotkey combination when prompted.
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
with our easy-to-use small ScanSnap Scanner line. Eliminate
paper piles by scanning documents, business cards, and receipts.
Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>