Uncomplex has released Mailplane 3.1.2 with improved handling of inbox refreshing and compatibility with the Streak plug-in for the Gmail-specific email client. With automatic inbox refresh, new messages appear in your inbox shortly after notification is received, and a refresh is forced if your cursor isn’t within a text field (such as the compose window or search, where a refresh might be annoying). Added to the list of plug-ins compatible with Mailplane, Streak is designed for customer relationship management, but Uncomplex suggests that it might also useful for project management and personal to-do lists. The update also brings back attachment preview using Quick Look if Google Drive is blocked, warns you if the Inbox Type setting in preferences doesn’t match your use of Inbox Tabs (Primary, Social, etc.), and avoids a crash when attempting to download history with a text-only toolbar. ($24.95 new, free update, 17.2 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard