Ergonis makes it easier to search through your text expansions with the release of Typinator 5.8. After typing part of an abbreviation or a word that’s included in an expansion and then pressing a hotkey that you define, Typinator displays all matching items. The update also adds new Apple events that enable third-party utilities to define new snippets, works around a cursor positioning problem in OS X 10.9 Mavericks, improves positioning of the QuickSearch input field and result list, and improves compatibility with Microsoft Word, Lotus Notes, LiveCode, PowerMail, Firestorm, Linguist, and TextSoap. (€24.99 new with a 25 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 5.7 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.