Eric Garneau <email@example.com> recently directed our attention to Everything Macintosh, an excellent Web page that brings together a huge number of links to Macintosh-related resources. Along with the Well-Connected Mac site (which has a lot of real content as well as links to other sites), Everything Macintosh looks as though it will be an excellent resource for Mac Internet users if it's regularly maintained. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software