TidBITS managing editor Josh Centers, author of the just-released “Take Control of Apple TV,” joined host Chuck Joiner on the MacVoices podcast to talk about the book. Josh tells you all about what he covers in the book, and then he and Chuck discuss the Apple Remote, the addictive qualities of AirPlay, trying to teach family members how to work a home theater, and things Josh learned about the Apple TV while writing the book, before discovering that they’re “keyboard brothers.” follow link
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Watch Josh Centers Discuss Apple TV on MacVoices