For those who haven’t updated to OS X 10.9 Mavericks and its associated Safari 7, Apple has released Safari 6.1.2 with fixes to AutoFill problems on a variety of Web sites, including united.com and americanairlines.com. The update also addresses a problem that caused Safari to freeze when installing extensions while VoiceOver is on and plugs a number of WebKit-related security vulnerabilities that could lead to application termination or arbitrary code execution. Safari 6.1.2 is available for 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Lion, but not 10.6 Snow Leopard or earlier, and only through Software Update. (Free, 53 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Apple Support for Snow Leopard Wanes (05 Mar 14)
Safari 6.1.2 (Mountain Lion and Lion)
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Randy Spydell, Robert Zadek, Phill, and Ken King for
their generous support!