Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s senior vice president and chief financial officer, has decided to retire at the end of September 2014. He started at Apple in 1996, and has been CFO for ten of those years, as Apple’s annual revenue grew from $8 billion to $171 billion. He will be succeeded by Luca Maestri, Apple’s vice president of finance and corporate controller, who joined the company in March 2013 and has been responsible for most of Apple’s financial functions since. Previously, Maestri served as CFO for both Nokia Siemens Networks and Xerox. follow link
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer Announces Retirement