Ergonis Software has released PopChar X 6.5 with a new custom insertion technique, which should make it faster to insert characters in applications that don’t reliably support direct event-based insertion of characters. The update also provides a workaround for a problem that caused the search field to be cleared while entering search terms on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, squashes a bug on non-English systems that prevented PopChar from remembering the previously selected layout, and improves the speed of clipboard-based insertions for many applications. (€29.99 new with a 25 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 3.7 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software