Stairways Software has released Keyboard Maestro 6.4 with support for reading and modifying file tags in OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Amongst the update’s more than 50 changes, the automation utility also improves accessibility and VoiceOver support, adds asynchronous options for executing scripts and sub-macros, adds several new AppleScript commands, plugs a memory leak in the image finding code, and fixes a number of potential crashes. ($36 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 24.4 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software