Ever wonder what Managing Editor Josh Centers keeps on his iPhone’s Home screen? Thanks to David Sparks, who profiles Josh’s Home screen, you now have your chance! In the associated interview, Josh talks about some of his favorite iPhone apps, which app he wishes were available, his favorite iPhone feature, and what he would do if he ran Apple. follow link
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
The Home Screen of Josh Centers