Vemedio has released version 1.2 of Instacast for Mac with a new architecture for synchronizing podcasts between your Mac and iOS devices. By sending smaller bits of data, this new scheme ensures that all your devices are synced with the same state while also saving on network traffic, storage requirements, mobile data charges, and battery power. You’ll need to update to version 4.5 of Instacast for iOS to continue syncing your podcast subscriptions to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. ($19.99 new from Vemedio and the Mac App Store, free update, 7.0 MB, release notes, 10.8+)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software