St. Clair Software has released Default Folder X 4.6.5 with a new Duplicate command, which enables you to copy a file or folder within an Open dialog. The Open and Save dialog enhancement utility also fixes a bug that would freeze OmniOutliner 4 when saving or exporting a file, as well as a problem on OS X 10.9 Mavericks with Default Folder X’s Preview and Spotlight windows. Additionally, the update adds the Command-Shift-C keyboard shortcut to go to My Computer in file dialogs, ensures that Open dialogs in NetNewsWire begin in the correct folder, accesses the Desktop using Command-Shift-D, and correctly displays the first two items in the Favorites menu when accessed from the menu bar. ($34.95 new, $10 off for TidBITS members, free update, 11.1 MB, release notes, 10.6+)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard