Windows 95 Internet Tools -- I implied in the Cyberdog article in TidBITS-277 that Windows 95 wouldn't come with Internet tools. That's sort of true - the latest word is that the Microsoft Plus Pack will contain the Web browser, the SMTP/POP extensions for Microsoft Exchange, extensions that map Windows 95 Shortcuts (they're like hard-coded aliases) to URLs, and a setup wizard. These tools will also be available for downloading, apparently. However, the TCP stack, the PPP dialer, and FTP and Telnet clients will ship with the base Windows 95 configuration. Or at least that's the plan now - it may change yet again. [ACE]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Apple Reveals Cyberdog (15 May 95)