Apple has released Safari 7.0.4 for users of OS X 10.9 Mavericks and Safari 6.1.4 for users of 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Lion, both of which fix multiple critical vulnerabilities associated with WebKit. According to the security note for these updates, both versions of Safari fix a swath of memory corruption issues within the rendering engine that could lead to arbitrary code execution after visiting a maliciously crafted Web site. They also deal with a problem with handling Unicode characters in URLs that could enable a maliciously crafted URL to send out an incorrect postMessage origin. Both updates are available only through Software Update. (Free, 10.9+/10.7–10.8)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Safari 7.0.4 and 6.1.4
with our easy-to-use small ScanSnap Scanner line. Eliminate
paper piles by scanning documents, business cards, and receipts.
Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>