Rogue Amoeba has released Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.10 and Nicecast 1.10.10, both of which receive many of the same improvements and fixes. The two audio utilities update the Instant On component to version 7.2 to improve latency, improve how Application Source selector displays which apps can be captured, fix a Safari audio capture bug that occurred on non-English systems, and improve audio capture from the Citrix GoToMeeting VoIP app. The Nicecast audio broadcast utility ensures track titles are no longer sent if a broadcast is Off Air and stops the NSURLConnection log from needlessly pinging the Console. Audio Hijack Pro also prevents a crash from occurring when saving large artwork files in AIFF and WAV files. If you’re a TidBITS member, you can purchase both Audio Hijack Pro and Nicecast at a 20 percent discount (as well as other Rogue Amoeba products, including Airfoil, Fission, Intermission, and Piezo). ($32 for Audio Hijack Pro, 9.0 MB, free update release notes, 10.7+; $59 for Nicecast, free update, 7.9 MB, release notes, 10.7+)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard