eBay has announced that a database containing customer names, encrypted passwords, email addresses, physical addresses, phone numbers, and dates of birth — but not “financial information or other confidential personal information” — was compromised between late February and early March of this year. eBay subsidiary PayPal was unaffected by the breach. The company is notifying users, but not particularly quickly, so if you haven’t already done so, change your eBay password today. As always, changing your password is particularly important if you used the same password on other sites. follow link
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
A Reminder to Change Your eBay Password