eBay has announced that a database containing customer names, encrypted passwords, email addresses, physical addresses, phone numbers, and dates of birth — but not “financial information or other confidential personal information” — was compromised between late February and early March of this year. eBay subsidiary PayPal was unaffected by the breach. The company is notifying users, but not particularly quickly, so if you haven’t already done so, change your eBay password today. As always, changing your password is particularly important if you used the same password on other sites. follow link
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
A Reminder to Change Your eBay Password