Jendrik Bertram has released version 2.0.3 of the iFlicks video encoding and metadata management app (see “iFlicks Improves iTunes Imports,” 10 January 2013). The maintenance release adds a season description field (in addition to the episode description), adds support for importing and exporting both rules and chapters, improves AppleScript support and search results for movies, enables you to keep the original audio track, fixes problems encoding some audio tracks, and adds support for absolute episode numbers. ($24.99 new from the Mac App Store, free update, 11.3 MB, 10.7.3+)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Elvin Hoel, Hans de Wolf, Ben Roimola, and James
Hays for their generous support!