Eastgate Systems has released Tinderbox 6.0, a major update to the personal content assistant that helps you store and organize your notes, plans, and ideas (first reviewed in TidBITS in 2002 — see “Light Your Fire with Tinderbox,” 14 October 2002). The rewritten and re-imagined Tinderbox adds an Attribute Browser with multiple ways of examining a document (any section of it, or in entirety), tabbed windows that enable you to switch amongst different views, new mapping shapes and badges, and a flexible Get Info popover. Tinderbox also adds support for addresses and ISBNs to anticipate your needs when working with places and books, and assigns agents their own processor to quicken updates. You can upgrade to Tinderbox 6.0 for free if you purchased or upgraded Tinderbox in the past year (on or after 29 May, 2013). Any license purchased before that date can upgrade to Tinderbox 6.0 for $98. ($249 new, free update, 37.5 MB, 10.8+)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard