Econ Technologies has released ChronoSync 4.5 with a new Document Organizer workspace that tracks all recently used documents and presents them in a convenient window. The automated synchronization and backup app has been updated with 64-bit support (offering access to more memory and more advanced APIs) and full integration with Notification Center. It also significantly improves synchronizer document loads and saves, updates all icons and artwork for Retina displays, improves error reporting with more specific error source reporting, improves communication settings on the connection profile editor to control timeouts on a per-connection basis, and enhances communication efficiency between ChronoAgent and InterConneX for iOS targets. See this tech note for a full list of enhancements and fixes. ($40 new with a 25 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 39.4 MB, release notes, 10.6+)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- ChronoSync 4.5.2 (30 Jul 14)