Apple is extending the purchase window for its AppleCare+ extended warranty program for iPhones and iPads from 30 to 60 days in all regions except Japan. Apple has also discontinued its less-expensive AppleCare plan for iPhones and iPads (don’t worry Mac buyers, it’s still there for you). The plan costs $99 for two years of coverage, and in addition to the typical warranty extension, covers up to two incidents of accidental damage — subject to a $79 fee. Be aware that if you don’t order AppleCare+ at the same time as the device, you must visit an Apple Genius in person to purchase the service. follow link
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- ExtraBITS for 7 July 2014 (07 Jul 14)
AppleCare+ Purchase Window Extended to 60 Days