Parallels Desktop has been updated to version 9.0.24237 with some fixes for issues related to the upcoming OS X Yosemite. The release fixes a crash that occurred when starting up Parallels Desktop 9 when running Yosemite, and it squashes a bug related to dragging and dropping files between Macs with Yosemite and virtual machines. It also removes a black screen that appeared on startup when running Mavericks 10.9.3 and 10.9.4 virtual machines, resolves an issue with Parallels Desktop 9 failing to update, and ensures that network connectivity remains after resuming a virtual machine. ($79.99 new, $49.99 upgrade, $39.99 educational, 361 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard