Brett Terpstra has released Marked 2.3, which sandboxes the Markdown previewer in order to bring it to the Mac App Store. While Marked 2 replaces the original Marked app in the Mac App Store, Marked 2 is not a free update — though it is on sale for $9.99 for a limited time (both from the Mac App Store and the Marked Web site). The update now supports GitHub Flavored Markdown for the app’s Discount processor option, preserves bookmarks across refreshes and style changes, adds highlight navigation and highlighted word counts, fixes a problem with reading the most recent file in a folder, improves handling of unreadable and renamed files, and fixes an issue with initial file monitoring when opening in an external editor. Because Marked 2 is sandboxed, previously opened documents may require new permissions. Marked 2 doesn’t currently support OS X Yosemite, but Terpstra promises it will be added soon. ($9.99 new on sale for a limited time, free update, 16.7 MB, release notes, 10.7+)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.