Econ Technologies has released ChronoSync 4.5.2 with a large assortment of fixes for the automated synchronization and backup app. The update now produces more meaningful error messages if Rename, Delete, or Duplicate tasks fail, squashes several bugs associated with displaying the Document Organizer (introduced in version 4.5; see “ChronoSync 4.5,” 11 June 2014), fixes a problem with the Last Synchronized column in the Analyze and Archive panels that resulted in erroneous values, eliminates some inefficiencies in the copy engine, improves collection of file metadata, and fixes several cosmetic glitches. ($40 new with a 25 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 41.6 MB, release notes, 10.6+)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- ChronoSync 4.5 (11 Jun 14)