Delicious Monster has released Delicious Library 3.2.2, which lets you add your own custom fields. Autocomplete values can be accessed, and custom fields support Delicious Library’s Export, Search, and Saved Sorts. The media cataloging app also now improves importing of Delicious Library 2 collections, fixes a bug that prevented items from resizing if they didn’t have a cover image, improves editing and sorting for the Purchase Date field, and fixes occasional crashes caused by deleting shelves. ($25 new from Delicious Monster and the Mac App Store, free update, 77.5 MB, 10.8.3+)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Delicious Library 3.2.2
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Jim Bell, Zauberer Rheintal, Jean Lawrence, and
Howard for their generous support!