Running with Crayons has released Alfred 2.4, adding support for OS X Yosemite, with new Yosemite Light and Dark built-in themes and the addition of Helvetica Neue and Helvetica Neue Light fonts to the theme editor. The keyboard-driven launcher no longer syncs window position (due to different Macs having different location requirements), but adds a new option for displaying fuzzy match file system navigation results. For those who purchase the feature-enhanced Powerpack, Alfred provides more robust nil checking when searching for snippets when doing placeholder replacements, improves the performance of activating and watching clipboard history, and fixes a failure to move or copy a file when the filename contains a grave accent. (Free, £15 for Powerpack, 3.1 MB, release notes, 10.6+)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software