Apple has released the second public beta of the upcoming OS X Yosemite, but with no word about what might have changed. If you’re running the first public beta, get the new version from the Updates tab in the App Store app. You can still sign up for the public beta, and regardless, we recommend picking up a copy of Joe Kissell’s name-your-own-price “Take Control of Beta Testing Yosemite,” which provides complete details on preparing for, installing, and testing the Yosemite beta. follow link
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
OS X Yosemite Public Beta 2 Out — Get “Take Control of Beta Testing Yosemite” Now
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article: