Uncomplex has released Mailplane 3.3, which now automatically signs out accounts with empty passwords as well as clearing cookies and caches when quitting. The Gmail-specific email client also enables you to preview and download attachments shared from Google Drive, plus open Google Docs in an external Web browser. The release also fixes the bulleted list insertion (Command-Shift-8) so that it works in a pop-out window, prevents inline images from being inserted into plain text messages, opens Google Hangouts if opened via a Google Calendar event, and ensures that print works if a language other than English was selected. ($24.95 new, free update, 17.4 MB, release notes, 10.7+)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.