Relax, It's Still A Hoax -- Rumors are circulating once again about a virus called "Good Times" being sent as an email message that will erase your hard disk if you read it. So, we repeat: these warnings are a hoax; further, there are no known viruses that can be spread simply by reading an email message, since actual code must be executed for a virus to spread. Please see TidBITS-256 for a discussion of the original rumors. [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
- Mac App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard
- Relax, it's a Hoax (12 Dec 94)
Published in TidBITS 274.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Announces Strong Second Quarter
- Web ZIP Codes
- ProCalc is Now CalcWorks
- Welcome to the Web!
- It's All About Trust
- By leaps and bounds
- Microsoft Licenses Lycos Catalog
- Apple EPCOT Showpieces
- Third International World-Wide Web Conference
- Shedding Skin - Thoughts on "Silicon Snake Oil"
- CompuServe as a PPP Internet Provider