Relax, It's Still A Hoax -- Rumors are circulating once again about a virus called "Good Times" being sent as an email message that will erase your hard disk if you read it. So, we repeat: these warnings are a hoax; further, there are no known viruses that can be spread simply by reading an email message, since actual code must be executed for a virus to spread. Please see TidBITS-256 for a discussion of the original rumors. [GD]
Monitor Network Throughput with VirusBarrier X6
Concerned about how much data is coming into or leaving your Mac? Try VirusBarrier X6's network monitoring tools, which include a Traffic window, a standalone Traffic Monitor application, and even a screensaver that displays real-time traffic information.
- Relax, it's a Hoax (12 Dec 94)
Published in TidBITS 274.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Announces Strong Second Quarter
- Web ZIP Codes
- ProCalc is Now CalcWorks
- Welcome to the Web!
- It's All About Trust
- By leaps and bounds
- Microsoft Licenses Lycos Catalog
- Apple EPCOT Showpieces
- Third International World-Wide Web Conference
- Shedding Skin - Thoughts on "Silicon Snake Oil"
- CompuServe as a PPP Internet Provider