Welcome to the Web! We've teased CE Software mercilessly over the last few years about their unfortunate tendency to lag behind on Internet connectivity, a somewhat alarming trait for an electronic communications software developer. Well, those days are over. CE Software, publishers of QuickMail and QuicKeys, this week joined the World-Wide Web. CE's "HTML wizard," Chuck Johnson, has assembled a good collection of product information, support, and useful files. Though it's not the most stunning Web site we've seen (nor the lamest), it marks a strong step forward for CE. [MHA]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
Published in TidBITS 274.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Relax, It's Still A Hoax
- Apple Announces Strong Second Quarter
- Web ZIP Codes
- ProCalc is Now CalcWorks
- It's All About Trust
- By leaps and bounds
- Microsoft Licenses Lycos Catalog
- Apple EPCOT Showpieces
- Third International World-Wide Web Conference
- Shedding Skin - Thoughts on "Silicon Snake Oil"
- CompuServe as a PPP Internet Provider