Welcome to the Web! We've teased CE Software mercilessly over the last few years about their unfortunate tendency to lag behind on Internet connectivity, a somewhat alarming trait for an electronic communications software developer. Well, those days are over. CE Software, publishers of QuickMail and QuicKeys, this week joined the World-Wide Web. CE's "HTML wizard," Chuck Johnson, has assembled a good collection of product information, support, and useful files. Though it's not the most stunning Web site we've seen (nor the lamest), it marks a strong step forward for CE. [MHA]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Published in TidBITS 274.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Relax, It's Still A Hoax
- Apple Announces Strong Second Quarter
- Web ZIP Codes
- ProCalc is Now CalcWorks
- It's All About Trust
- By leaps and bounds
- Microsoft Licenses Lycos Catalog
- Apple EPCOT Showpieces
- Third International World-Wide Web Conference
- Shedding Skin - Thoughts on "Silicon Snake Oil"
- CompuServe as a PPP Internet Provider