Welcome to the Web! We've teased CE Software mercilessly over the last few years about their unfortunate tendency to lag behind on Internet connectivity, a somewhat alarming trait for an electronic communications software developer. Well, those days are over. CE Software, publishers of QuickMail and QuicKeys, this week joined the World-Wide Web. CE's "HTML wizard," Chuck Johnson, has assembled a good collection of product information, support, and useful files. Though it's not the most stunning Web site we've seen (nor the lamest), it marks a strong step forward for CE. [MHA]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 274.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Relax, It's Still A Hoax
- Apple Announces Strong Second Quarter
- Web ZIP Codes
- ProCalc is Now CalcWorks
- It's All About Trust
- By leaps and bounds
- Microsoft Licenses Lycos Catalog
- Apple EPCOT Showpieces
- Third International World-Wide Web Conference
- Shedding Skin - Thoughts on "Silicon Snake Oil"
- CompuServe as a PPP Internet Provider