It's All About Trust -- Microsoft is in court again today, this time in Washington D.C., for an appellate hearing regarding U.S. District Judge Stanley Sporkin's rejection of an anti-trust settlement reached by Microsoft and the U.S. Justice Department. (See TidBITS-264 for details.) In an interesting development, Anthony L. Martin, Executive Director of an organization rather blatantly called "The Committee To Fight Microsoft Corporation," held a news conference this morning on the steps of the U.S Court of Appeals. The subject? An initial draft of a bill which would require the break-up of Microsoft under U.S. anti-trust laws to put a stop to its "uncompetitive activity." Martin claims his organization has been promised the bill will be sponsored in the U.S. House of Representatives as soon as it's assembled in proper form. [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- Can't Buy Me Love - Microsoft Antitrust Ruling (20 Feb 95)
Published in TidBITS 274.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Relax, It's Still A Hoax
- Apple Announces Strong Second Quarter
- Web ZIP Codes
- ProCalc is Now CalcWorks
- Welcome to the Web!
- By leaps and bounds
- Microsoft Licenses Lycos Catalog
- Apple EPCOT Showpieces
- Third International World-Wide Web Conference
- Shedding Skin - Thoughts on "Silicon Snake Oil"
- CompuServe as a PPP Internet Provider