Adapter Woes -- Having trouble getting your model M5140 PowerBook AC adapter replaced? We've received several reports since last week's article (see TidBITS-269) that some representatives at Apple's technical assistance center at 800/SOS-APPL have not been sufficiently informed about the program. A couple of readers also reported confusion at their local dealers' service shops. As I said in last week's article, I always recommend working with your local service provider unless for some reason you can't. To avoid confusion, be prepared to tell the technician or other representative that they can find details about the PowerBook 100 Series AC Adapter Customer Satisfaction Program on the March edition of the Service Source CD, in the 17-Mar dealer bulletin, or using customer satisfaction code PA995X. A helpful support manager at Apple's technical assistance center assures us that he's making sure his people are properly informed of the program. Remember that only M5140 AC adapters are involved. [MHA]
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Type Faster by Competing in Races
A fun way to improve your typing speed and accuracy is to join an online typing competition at typrX. This typing competition keeps track of your typing speed, while allowing you to compete against other people, either around the world in public races or with friends in private races. To set up a private race with your friends, follow these simple steps.
- Once you have a typrX account, click the Create Private Race button on the front page and you’ll be taken to the private race page.
- From there, copy the track code URL and send it to the friends you want to join the race.
- You can click the Delay Countdown button to add 10 seconds to the clock if you are waiting on your friend to join the race.
- Adapt or Die - PowerBook AC Adapters (27 Mar 95)