ftp.tidbits.com Up! The 10 to 12 day delay in replacing the machine that runs <ftp.tidbits.com> we reported last week turned out to be a one-day delay, thanks to some fast work from Northwest Nexus. This means that TidBITS issues and the portion of Info-Mac mirrored there are once again accessible, plus the Anarchie bookmarks that ship with Adam's book should be working again. We apologize for any inconvenience, and extend a hearty thanks to Northwest Nexus for getting the machine replaced so quickly. [GD]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard