MacInTax Update -- Intuit, makers of the MacInTax tax software package, have written to update the situation on the MacInTax itemization bug reported in TidBITS-261. To restate, the bug occurs when importing a TXF file into MacInTax from another source (most likely Quicken) and when that TXF file has 30 or more items within a single category. In this case, every 30th item in each category will not make it into MacInTax, although the MacInTax import log will report that all the items were imported successfully. (Intuit says Schedule D is a special case and is not affected by the bug). MacInTax users should contact Intuit to obtain a version of MacInTax with the itemization bug fixed. MacInTax support can be reached at 602/295-3080 or at <email@example.com>. [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.