Robert Hess <email@example.com> wins the "I'll never think about it in quite the same way again" Quote of the Week award. In response to our comment about the little joystick device IBM uses in the ThinkPads and other PC manufacturers use in various other laptops, Robert noted, "It always makes me feel like I'm manipulating someone's nipple." Of course, this could turn into a major selling point for ThinkPads, and the PR folks could have a field day: "The IBM ThinkPad: Power and stimulation wherever you go." [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Goodbye Robert (15 Jan 96)