MacTCP 2.0.6 is out in the form of an updater application that takes a clean copy of MacTCP 2.0.4 and converts it into MacTCP 2.0.6. I cannot emphasize "clean" sufficiently - you cannot update a copy of MacTCP 2.0.4 that has ever been opened or loaded into memory; instead, you must use a new copy from a master disk. That said, the update fixes some relatively technical bugs and offers performance enhancements primarily for SLIP and PPP dialup users. The update is definitely worthwhile, especially if you've experienced problems with 2.0.4. There's also an updater from 2.0.2 to 2.0.4 available, if all you have is a copy of 2.0.2. There are no updaters from MacTCP 1.x, though, so if that's all you have, you'll have to get a copy of MacTCP 2.0.x from the usual sources (System 7.5, many commercial Internet programs, my book, and so on). Check my Web site for instructions on updating if you have MacTCP 2.0.4 from the second edition of Internet Starter Kit for Macintosh.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
- Mac App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard
- Got those MacTCP 2.0.6 Updater Blues? (12 Dec 94)