PowerBook 500-series owners should now be able to obtain Apple's PCMCIA Expansion Module (item M2995LL/A) from dealers. The unit, which fits into one of the battery compartments on a PowerBook 520, 520c, 540, or 540c, provides a pair of slots for type II PCMCIA cards. The module appeared on Apple's 12-Sep-94 price lists, and the company expects it will be readily available. [MHA]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard