Anarchie & Apple Guide -- Peter Lewis <email@example.com> has done it again - released a significant update to Anarchie, his combination FTP and Archie client for MacTCP-based Internet connections. Anarchie 1.3.1 adds a number of useful new features, and takes the prize for being the first (or at least among the first) released non-Apple program that fully supports Apple Guide, Apple's new help system in System 7.5. Anarchie now supports the SITE INDEX command as well as SOCKS, a method of getting out through a firewall. Also, you no longer need worry about which Info-Mac and Umich mirror sites you use most often, because you can configure Anarchie to go to those sites in response to your pasting in a generic Info-Mac or Umich pathname. Anarchie is $10 shareware and is among the most useful Internet tools available for the Macintosh. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.