BBEdit T-Shirts -- Like many vendors, Bare Bones Software had a T-shirt done for the Macworld Expo, and their BBEdit "It Doesn't Suck" T-shirts experienced such popularity that Bare Bones Software has announced that the T-shirts are officially for sale. The white, pre-shrunk, 100 percent cotton shirt has the BBEdit logo on the front and the "It Doesn't Suck" slogan on the back, along with a 1993 Eddy Finalist logo and a 1994 Accelerated for Power Mac seal. A shirt costs $15 plus charges for tax, shipping, and handling (charges depend on where in the world you live). To find out more, send email to <email@example.com> or call 508/651-3561. [TJE]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software