Tom Abbott <email@example.com> and Glenn Tiffert <firstname.lastname@example.org> tell us that the current versions of the Japanese and Chinese Language Kits don't work with System 7.5, and that users of those script systems will reportedly have to wait for version 1.1.1, due out at the end of the year. However, Glenn claimed that the conflict may only lie with QuickDraw GX, so if you don't use QuickDraw GX, the Japanese and Chinese Language Kits may still work. In contrast, Tom's source implied that even trying to load the Japanese Language Kit could cause troubles. Be forewarned. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software